Artist Talk with Heather Shearer
Tour of the exhibition hosted by the artist, Heather Shearer in partnership with NIGAT (NI Group for Art as Therapy).
Four Directions celebrates the work of acclaimed Stolen Generations Aboriginal artist, Heather Kamarra Shearer, and marks her first solo exhibition in the UK. Shearer is an award winning artist who began painting in 1991, exploring culturally appropriate ways to share her journey as a member of the Stolen Generations. Between 1910 and as recently as the 1970s, many indigenous children, including Shearer, were forcibly removed from their families as a result of various policies introduced by the Australian government. The policies of child removal left a legacy of trauma and loss that continues to affect indigenous communities, families and individuals.
The exhibition is produced in partnership with the Institute for the Study of Conflict Transformation and Social Justice, QUB. Exhibition runs until Sunday 5th June.
- Dates: 01/01/70 -
- Time: 01:00
- Venue: The Naughton Gallery at Queen's
- Organiser: Rachel Brown
- Organiser Email: email@example.com
- Organiser Telephone: 1353
- Access Information: Audio Loop/T-Link, Wheelchair Access
- Event Open To: Students, Staff, General Public, Members, Alumni, Press, Delegates
- Age Recommendation: Children to be accompanied by an adult
<< Back to listing